With the goal of developing puppetry, bringing together and exchanging contemporary practices between puppeteers from various backgrounds, Casteliers, the Montreal Arts Council (Conseil des arts de Montréal-CAM) and the Lìzé Puppet Art Colony are partnering to offer a creative cross-residency for professional puppeteers. For the fourth edition of this project, the selected Montréal artist will stay in Taiwan in the city of Lìzé, in return, Montréal will host a Taiwanese puppeteer.Casteliers is the project leader of the Montréal residency, while Lìzé Pupppet Art Colony is the project leader for the Taiwanese residency.
Casteliers is the project leader of the Montréal residency, while Lìzé Pupppet Art Colony is the project leader for the Taiwanese residency.
The cross-residency is in two parts:
- The creative research residency in Montréal will last for twenty-eight (28) days. It will take place from March 1 to 28, 2020.
- The creative research residency in Lìzé will last 35 to 50 days. It will take place between May 1 and October 31, 2020.
- Offer artists in residence the time and space to reflect upon and work on developing their practice;
- Encourage the sharing of practices between Montréal-based puppeteers, their international colleagues, and the many arts and culture stakeholders;
- Foster international collaborations and co-productions ;
- Increase awareness among Montréal-based puppeteers of the current creative conditions in other countries;
- Increase awareness among international puppeteers of the dynamic puppetry arts scene in Montréal and across Québec.
Deadline for applications submitted by Montréal-based puppeteers who wish to participate in a creative research residency in Taiwan: Friday, August 16, 2019, before midnight. Applications must be submitted by e-mail to Casteliers at: firstname.lastname@example.org